ViperMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex application for GM

+2
Mist
Rex
6 posters

Go down

Rex application for GM Empty Rex application for GM

Post  Rex Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 am

Name: Lim Jia Sheng
IGN: Rexa
Timezone: GMT+8

Tell us about yourself: (Your likes, dislikes, the kind of personality you have.)
Currently, I am a business student in Tamasek Polytechnic. Course: Business Information technology (BIT). Sports: I’m in my school archery team. Likes: eating apples while coding, pretty lady and things that are cute and funny. Dislike: writing reports, people who keep expecting help from others while they do not even help themselves. I’m sort of a AB type personality. I’m easy-going person, someone you can joke with but would like to have tasks being assigned to be done before deadline and prefer to keep things under control.

Courses I attended that may help: Web design, System security and Database Information System

How many hours are you able to play?
Minimum of 6 hours each day, (except for Wednesday)
Time that I usually online are during at night.

How do you think you can help the VMS community?
I am quite knowledgeable for MapleStory private server as I played much different kind of server before. I have hosted events with/without the aid of GM in other servers. I even come out with new idea for new events.

Example for an event I came out myself, “Where is this”. I will post an edited image of somewhere in maple at the forum. Limited time(depends on the map, usually about 3 min) will be given. Only those who able to reach the correct place in time, will be allow to enter the next round. Usually there will be 10 rounds, so for the last map, whoever reaches the right map first will win the event.

I consider myself as a helpful player. Regardless what server I have been playing, I always provide Plvl service to people who are newcomers. I have been used to write guides as I feel that guides are very important as it shows people how organised this server is and how is it different from other servers. . I do concern more about maintaining good relationships between players rather than level, rebirths, attack power.

I think I have proved myself that I am able to manage well in helping both players in game and in the XAT chat box by earning the title of MOD in XAT chat box recently.

Do you have any previous experience as GM?
I do not have any experience as a GM before. But in other server, I am usually being recognized as a helpful player. In Ancient MS (A server that I played for the longest time), I am well known in providing helps and tips for newcomers. As the result, a GM in AMS is willing to lend me his donor items, to enable me to help those newcomers easily. Other than that, the admin prepared a client (which allows me to access to GM maps) for me, as a gift, to thank me for contributing to that server. Reason that I do not play that server anymore is due to the server went down.

How well do you recognize a hacker?
Hacker usually can be identified by the damage they deal, attack speed, looting and movement. I have done hacking before, so I do understand how hacker will behave and how to look for “holes” in the system. For every maple private server, they will have an auto-ban system to look out for hackers. But still there are hacking software that allow the hacker to “cheat” the “auto-ban” system. I feel that in order to prevent any hacking happen, someone will has to be around most of the time to monitor the server. Although, it will cause lots of manpower but currently that is the most effective way.

Please include any other information which you think is necessary:
IT skills and knowledge: html coding, php coding, java coding,
Work done:
I have created
a BMI (body mass index) system,
a school social network (mini version of facebook and twitter)
two e-commerce site for a non- existing company and a existing company ( using zencart and yahoo small business)
an auto click for facebook mousehunt game application (where every 15 min, you need to go to soundthehorn.php page.)

Current:
I am working on a sale order process system for an existing company that sells supplies to government organizations.

Some hacking knowledge I learnt:
Key logging,
Tracking and Rewriting of packets

List any members/GMs (in VMS) who supports your application:
Kathy? (Assuming, since she the one who “yelling” me to write one GM application)

Last edited by rex on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Rex
Rex

Mesarz : 207

Back to top Go down

Rex application for GM Empty Re: Rex application for GM

Post  Mist Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 am

@support: You have my full support. Although there is a minor issue with timezone.
-helpful (proven)
-active (proven)
-meets requirements
-has experience as a semi GM
-know his hacks
-followed layout
-respectful
-on regardless of in-game activity
-always on xat (there when needed)

Well written as well as well layed out (detailed)
Good luck and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Sarrow on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mist
Mist

Mesarz : 345

Back to top Go down

Post  Katharine Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 am

Seriously! When did i ever "yell" at you to do an application? I will not do anything that is so unglamorous OK?? Even though I am a young girl that is barely 12 yet, i still love my reputation as a decent girl as I want to get married when I'm grown-up.

@Support
I see him always helping people on Xat and also in-game. I am in love with him, as much as i love Serge. Hehe ^.^v
Katharine
Katharine

Mesarz : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Soshified Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 pm

@support <<WhatSarrowSaid.o.o>>

@Katharine You're only 11? o.o Surprised... that's all.
Soshified
Soshified
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Mesarz : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Popter Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:41 pm

If im allowed to still give support.. I give Rex @SUPPORT. if not, well good luck Rex At least youll still know I support you :p Even though you do steal some people im helping out myself ehh, guess its friendly rivalry for the newbies :p

Keep up the good work buddeh Smile
Popter
Popter
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Mesarz : 424

Back to top Go down

Post  cheezeboo. Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:06 am

I agree with what serge and kath said.
I would support if i could. c:
cheezeboo.