Patt's (Infaciate) GM application (must read it).

Go down

Patt's (Infaciate) GM application (must read it).

Post  Infaciate on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 am

Hello,

This is my GM application.

Name: Patrick (Patt)
IGN: Infaciate
Timezone: GMT+1

Tell us about yourself: (Your likes, dislikes, the kind of personality you have.)
I am a 17 year old boy who loves to play MapleStory and playing basketball.
I like to walk around whole maple to find people and talk to people.
I'm not lazy to stay on one place, I search for people glitching or hacking.
I have had my own Private Server. It was v55-v62. But becouse of the low
population I had to stop it becouse it was becomming to expansive for me.
I can give more information if you want to, just ask me. Im many time online.

How many hours are you able to play?
The minimum time I can be online is like 5 hours a day.
Sometimes I could be online for like 12 hours.

How do you think you can help the VMS community?
I'm here to help on all fronts. I can code NPC or code some maps.
I can help people on the chat with all their download problems or
getting online problems. I know the Windows XP, Vista and 7

Do you have any previous experience as GM?
As I said I had my own server and I didn't act like the "boss" but I acted like just another GM doing coding. But if needed I was the boss.

How well do you recognize a hacker?
It's quite easy to recognize a hacker. I have rebirthed myself 130 times in this server so I know what damage eveyone can do. And I know all those hack programs becouse I have banned many players for hacking.

Please include any other information which you think is necessary:
I'm an active one and can help on every front needed. You can contact me for questions or more information.

Patt_@live.com

List any members/GMs (in VMS) who supports your application:
GMs:

Members:
- interesting
- vipermsrox
- Athena
- Replay
- SickZ
- Regdar92

And all others that comment below and say they support it =3

This was my application. I hope VMS will do something with it! And I hope I can join the VMS team.

Infaciate

Mesarz : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patt's (Infaciate) GM application (must read it).

Post  Popter on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Well I'd firstly like to ask, when did you start playing? Because if you noticed everyones always in the fm :p

and also we do have requirement that need to be met, you can see them in the rules section for posting gm apps Wink
Popter
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Mesarz : 424

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Infaciate on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:10 pm

popter wrote:Well I'd firstly like to ask, when did you start playing? Because if you noticed everyones always in the fm :p

and also we do have requirement that need to be met, you can see them in the rules section for posting gm apps Wink

I play VMS for like a bit longer than a week now. In first I have trained outside the FM but I am in FM now all the time. If you were online more, you'd seen me much tho.

I think a month active is kinda long to wait for making an App. If you have experience you can see by a Application who is good for the server and who not.

25 posts on the forums? Why.. Reasenly is a GameMaster a GAME master. You should have Forum Moderators. Alltho, I can figure out the forums to be a forumMod next to a GM.

This is my oppinion

Infaciate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jello on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Infaciate wrote:
popter wrote:Well I'd firstly like to ask, when did you start playing? Because if you noticed everyones always in the fm :p

I play VMS for like a bit longer than a week now. In first I have trained outside the FM but I am in FM now all the time. If you were online more, you'd seen me much tho.

I think a month active is kinda long to wait for making an App. If you have experience you can see by a Application who is good for the server and who not.

25 posts on the forums? Why.. Reasenly is a GameMaster a GAME master. You should have Forum Moderators. Alltho, I can figure out the forums to be a forumMod next to a GM.

This is my oppinion

GM's usually are Forum Mods as well. I wish we could apply to be a forum mod, but we can't. Also, applying after one week of playing makes it seem like you just came to the server to try out being a GM.
Jello
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Mesarz : 315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Infaciate on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Jello wrote:
GM's usually are Forum Mods as well. I wish we could apply to be a forum mod, but we can't. Also, applying after one week of playing makes it seem like you just came to the server to try out being a GM.

If you have readed well you should have noticed that I had my own server so why would I try it out. In first place I didnt want to apply till Rex said there were Applications. Then I said nah I dun want to.. But I thought why not. I could always give it a shot. Please read everything, before saying(typing) things.

Infaciate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Popter on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Well for one, I agree with Annie. You SHOULD wait a month to post a GM app not only because it seems like your rushing but also because it gives you time to speacialize and be noticed on the server.

And also as you said it was to expensive for you to keep running your server, so for all we know (Not saying you are) You can be here just wanting a Gm spot.

20 posts on the forums is to show that you are able to help and also keep the forums alive, Writing a Gm app is easy, people can manipulate in them, and alot of other shit.

Now I HAVE read everything. but like you said, This is an appinion or kinda just stating the obvious :s
Popter
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Infaciate on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 pm

popter wrote:Well for one, I agree with Annie. You SHOULD wait a month to post a GM app not only because it seems like your rushing but also because it gives you time to speacialize and be noticed on the server.

And also as you said it was to expensive for you to keep running your server, so for all we know (Not saying you are) You can be here just wanting a Gm spot.

20 posts on the forums is to show that you are able to help and also keep the forums alive, Writing a Gm app is easy, people can manipulate in them, and alot of other shit.

Now I HAVE read everything. but like you said, This is an appinion or kinda just stating the obvious :s

I undertand the way of thinking, but still. Why should I walk around in a world I have seen for years allready. I'm not here to just be GM and if I wont be chosen I leave. I just want an real oppinion, it just looks like you don't want me because you don't know me. I know all commands I know the whole maple world. Why couldn't I apply? There should be a sort of knock-out system. The best application come to a train stage. And not getting GM streight away. Or something like that.

And this way the people who manipulate are 100% gone from there.

Infaciate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Popter on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Okay, I understood most of that, and I am not saying I never wanted you here, I am not the kind that shooches people away unless I know them, Like I already posted I am stating the rules, I did not make them the owner did. Also, Like I also said: Before posting you should get familiar with the server. Your inclining that all servers are the same, well in a way they are yes but private servers are ALL DIFFERENT, I cna name a few of them: The currencies on servers are different, Fm mobs are different or located at different areas, and most importantly, the communities are all different. Same with the commands buddy, we have different commands and also we keep updating the server more and more.

Now I am not saying this to be mean or anything. Now, enough. The rules state that we are not allowed to have a conversation on the forums, expeacially in a Gm app.

Have a nice day.
Popter
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jello on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

-Removed, realized I was bashing him for no reason-
Good luck Patt! Smile

Last edited by Jello on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jello
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Mesarz : 315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Patt,
Ya, applying for a GM will need some requirements.
But they are kinda easy to achieve esp if u r active.
But key point here is most imp is not those 20 posts, or any others.
What is most impt is What have you done so far, What can you do, What make you the best candidate for the position. (kinda same as you talk to investor and interest them to invest in ur company) Anyway, I prefer Action than jus talking.

Then follow by is, sry to say tat. I think somehow i mislead u.
I have not support u yet. I said you could try post a application cos i believe everyone should have equal chance for tat position.

@Jello, I tink what he mean here is not "I'm not here to just be GM and if I wont be chosen I leave". But I'm not (here to just be GM and if I wont be chosen I leave). Anyway, let stop debate the use of language.

So Patt, I expect to see u be more active and helpful to the server since you posted an application.

Cheers
Happy Mapling

Rex

Mesarz : 207

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mist on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Spoiler:

If you havent Noticed, Almost everyone who post starts of not having the requirements but eventually achieving them as they go. So dont bash people cause of the requirements.

Spoiler:
Infaciate wrote:

I undertand the way of thinking, but still. Why should I walk around in a world I have seen for years allready. I'm not here to just be GM and if I wont be chosen I leave. I just want an real oppinion, it just looks like you don't want me because you don't know me. I know all commands I know the whole maple world. Why couldn't I apply? There should be a sort of knock-out system. The best application come to a train stage. And not getting GM streight away. Or something like that.

And this way the people who manipulate are 100% gone from there.

Infaciate wrote:I play VMS for like a bit longer than a week now. In first I have trained outside the FM but I am in FM now all the time. If you were online more, you'd seen me much tho.

This is my oppinion

@Popter: Time is an issue on most cases, so dont blame him if you dont see him.

A month activity is required for the purpose of knowing the server. Although servers are same the layout, the commands, the npcs etc. maybe different. And we want you to know the server.

In most cases GM stands as a GameMaster, however, we consider them Game Moderates, meaning they monitor anything portraying the server, which includes forums, xat, in game, and issues with downloading links, voting links, etc. And we look into all aspects of activity.

Spoiler:
Jello wrote:"I'm not here to just be GM and if I wont be chosen I leave."
Contradictory much?

Please dont add un-needed convo as it adds nothing to the converstation. No ones perfect.

Spoiler:
rex wrote:Hi Patt,
Ya, applying for a GM will need some requirements.
But they are kinda easy to achieve esp if u r active.
But key point here is most imp is not those 20 posts, or any others.
What is most impt is What have you done so far, What can you do, What make you the best candidate for the position. (kinda same as you talk to investor and interest them to invest in ur company) Anyway, I prefer Action than jus talking.

So Patt, I expect to see u be more active and helpful to the server since you posted an application.

I agree with Rex on this one. We dont judge by requirements, but by what people do and how they do it.

Also Patt, since you owned a server, please provide some proof to solidify your application.

As a side note, considering I hardly see you, due to time zones, the review on your overall activity and helpfullness will be judge by GMs who are roughly in your timezone, aswell as players who support you.

As of now, post that will lead to an off topic rather then a SUPPORT with a REASON/EVIDENCE and or anything that will show that he is worthy, will be deleted to prevent a further off useless conversation

Mesarz : 345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ViperMS on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, i have clearly stated in the GM app rules that you need at least 20 posts in forums ( non spam ) and also at least 3 - 4 weeks of gameplay on the server. The Posts are to keep the forums active and it shows that u are dedicated, even through words, and also it will give you the habit of checking up the server through the forums when u don't have time to log on. also the 3 - 4 weeks of playing the server has been put in place due to the fact that we get many people who want to be a GM, but aren't willing to work for it. If you truly want to be a GM, be active, work hard, help out of forums, be active, helpful on XAT chat, and just be a friendly person that's all we ask in a GM candidate.

Locking this topic

Owner

Mesarz : 2147483647

View user profile http://viperms.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mist on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

I dont see the point of locking a GM app, as it would be unfair for him. Just let him meet the requirements like everyone else. AS far as I can tell, all of you who posted had the same app issue, but you dont see me deleting anything.

So people, stop bashing him. He has the right to make an app, regardless of the requirements.

Dont post if you dont support/unsupport without a reason.

Mesarz : 345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katharine on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:12 am

Our GMs need to see you more often in the server. We also had noticed you have a 100+ rebirths in just mere 3days. However, after the first week since you had joined the server, your online frequency had dropped. Since you're still considered as a new player, I can't really comment much.

Just to let you know, the GMs we are looking for is more than just gaming experience and online frequency. We also look into the person's attitude and character, that is why we need some time to observe.

Lastly, thanks for your interest in joining the team! GOOD LUCK! Very Happy

Mesarz : 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum